If there is one book that can claim to provide the solution to all problems of humanity, it is the holy Bhagavad Gita.
Simply reading this book and comprehending the life-changing, ageless, and profound wisdom contained in its 701 magnificent verses is enough to change the path of one’s life and bring it to the peak of perfection.
That is why, after hearing this transcendental discourse of Lord Krishna, Arjuna exclaims to Him, “O Achyuta (The Changeless One), my delusion is destroyed, and my memory (about one’s true identity) has been regained by me through Your grace. I am firmly situated; my doubts are gone. I will now act according to Your word.” [Bhagavad Gita 18.73]
The Bhagavad Gita is not a religious book and is not intended to be read and acted upon by the adherents of a particular religion. It’s a guidebook for life; a how-to manual. It is a medicine for the infected souls of the Kali-Yuga, the dark age. And there is no religion in medicine.
The Bhagavad Gita is the most sacred conversation ever between Lord Krishna and his friend Prince Arjuna just before the beginning of the great war of Mahabharata, on the holy battlefield of Kurukshetra, where the Lord enlightens a bewildered Arjuna about the biggest truths of the universe.
This dialogue is considered to contain the nectar of all Vedic scriptures, the most ancient scriptures of the world. By reading the Bhagavad Gita, you will discover answers to the most important questions in life, such as:
- Who are you?
- What is your purpose in life and how to fulfill that purpose?
- Is there a God? If yes, who is God, and how to know and reach Him?
- Is God one or many?
- What is your relationship with God?
- What is death and why you do not need to fear death?
- What happens after death?
- Do heaven and hell exist?
- Is reincarnation real?
- What is Yoga? What are the different types of Yoga? How to be a Yogi?
- How does the Law of Karma work?
- Why are we all living life the wrong way? And how you can live your life the right way?
- How to see yourself and your life from the right perspective?
- How to master your mind and get rid of negative emotions like worry, fear, anger, jealousy, and sadness for good?
- How to be always happy?
- What is the most perfect method of meditation?
Hari Chetan’s translation of the Bhagavad Gita is the outcome of his two decades of experience in the field of Vedic philosophy. The following are some of the distinguishing aspects of this English translation:
- All the verses of the Bhagavad Gita are accurately translated from the original Sanskrit texts.
- The translations are presented in their authentic form, free from any sectarian bias.
- The translations are kept simple without sacrificing accuracy, essence, and spirit.
- The gaps arising while translating verses from Sanskrit to English have been taken care of to preserve the intended meaning of each verse.
- Context has been given due importance while establishing the meaning of each word with the aim of providing correct interpretation.
- To facilitate self-explanatory translations, additional explanations are given in parentheses in the verses.
- Additional explanations are provided in the form of notes at appropriate places.
- The historical background of Mahabharata is included for perfect understanding.
- To help you test your understanding, a printable workbook is included.
All of this adds up to a complete translation of the holy Bhagavad Gita in English.
Read This Book to Uncover The Secret Wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita and Change Your Life Forever!